I always gain inspiration from nature both for my art and ideas. Now I feel the call of the waterfall! I’m in awe how its power cascades abundantly, ever flowing, endlessly for eons and times yet to come.
Abundance is everywhere in nature, effortlessly showing its energy through the cycles of life. It moves through the seasons, with its ebb and flow sometimes extrovert and blossoming and other times dwelling within, hidden and silent. But the waterfall flows with the river through all the seasons, always strong, vibrant and powerful.
I want to merge with the waterfall, surrender to its flow, not swimming against the current, but become one with its waters and flow with the river into the powerful ocean of abundance.
I remember when in workshop in Andean shamanism we were supposed to meditate by the river and take in the river´s energy, connecting with it through sacred reciprocity or Ayni. It felt powerful to sit still and with intention and focus merge my energy with the river through my breath and feeling of expansion. When I felt I connected I waited for the river to respond back so I felt its energy move through me.
That was purely magical and powerful. That is sacred connection that is so close but unfortunately we have so often lost. I want to share an abundance exercise to reclaim our connection. Everyone can do this exercise and if we want to connect with abundance we can easily do so with practicing Ayni in nature. Here are simple but powerful steps;
- Connect with an element in nature that feels abundant to you, it can be a river, a waterfall, a flower or a tree for example and make yourself comfortable close to it.
- Empty your mind and let your thoughts flow down to Mother Earth, use your breath to help you connect and cleanse.
- Be aware of the heart energy within you and connect with it through your intention and breath. When you breathe in you take in light and when you breathe out imagine you are expanding your energy or your light.
- Expansion. Imagine you are bowl of light that is slowly expanding and you are letting yourself go and you are opening yourself up in a safe way. Breath your heart energy to the element. You slowly feel the expansion and when that happens you can also feel you are the element you are connecting with.
- Feel the element within you, feel as if you are it! Feel and imagine how it moves through you. You and it are ONE.
- When you feel the element within you, you have made a connection, and you can wait for a response or a gift it has for you. Be silent and notice, just feeling and being one with it.
- Take in the abundance that it has for you, breath it in and feel it on a deep level. Connect with the effortless feeling of growth that does not need to push or make an effort to be. It just is!
- Imagine how the abundance moves through you effortlessly. It is a part of you. Merge and flow with it! Stay with this feeling as long as you wish.
- When the time is right you silently thank the element you connected with and slowly come back, reduce your energy to normal.
- Ground yourself, feel your roots and be thankful for the beautiful exchange of energy.
Know that you are worthy of abundance and it can easily flow to you just like the river´s current. The more you connect with its energy the more you can tap into it and feel it within.
Feel the river flowing, not outside you but within you
Feel the fire and heat, not outside you but within you
Feel the flow of air and freedom, not outside you but within you
Feel the earth, not below you but within you
Feel the Spirit, all-embracing
Love and light